Businesses and residents in Dorset, Wiltshire and Somerset with broadband connections of less than 2Mb/s can apply for a subsidy towards their wireless broadband connection.
What does this broadband subsidy scheme do?
This scheme can offer support towards the cost of the equipment and installation of a wireless broadband connection. If you are eligible you will be issued with a code you can redeem with Wessex Internet, which is worth up to £350.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for the scheme:
- You currently can’t get a broadband service of more than 2Mb/s.
- You are not in current plans to get fibre broadband OR you will not benefit within the next year. This will be checked for you when you make an application.
- You own the property you are applying for. If not, you will need to speak to your landlord.
- You must live in either Dorset, Somerset or Wiltshire.
Check your internet speed
Click here to check what speeds are available at your home or business.
- Landline phone numbers usually produce more accurate results than checks on addresses. When you input your phone number, don’t include spaces.
- The top line of your result will show how the property is connected to the network, i.e. “Telephone number X on Exchange X is served by cabinet X.”
- Look at the top row of the table, if is states “FTTC” this means that fibre broadband (Fibre To The Cabinet) is available at the property already, and you will not be eligible for this scheme. If you can’t see any FTTC rows, fibre broadband is not currently available at your property.
- Remember to read the small print after the table. Sometimes it contains additional useful information about your area.
Great! What do I need to do?
- If you think that you may be eligible, please conduct a speed test by using www.speedtest.net and send a print screen of the results to email@example.com. Please note you will only be eligible for the voucher if you are receiving download speeds of less then 2Mb per second.
- We will then apply for the voucher on your behalf and the BDUK team will be in contact to confirm you agree to the terms and conditions of the scheme. The terms and conditions can be found here.
- We will then confirm once your voucher has been issued, and we will contact you to complete your order.
- Enjoy the superfast speeds of Wessex Internet!
You can read more about the voucher scheme here: https://basicbroadband.culture.gov.uk/
Excellent customer service and clear, regular billing information supplied. Good signal coverage in Iwerne Minster.
Fast internet but loose connection from time to time.
Great value and service.
Great customer service. Helpful engineer.
Wessex remembered me straight away even after a delay because of previous provider,came when they said and no problems with service
Brilliant company. Brilliant Service, the works team superb, clean and tidy throughout the install. You would be foolish to not go with Wessex Internet.
After any years of very poor broadband with BT we were able to join Wessex Internet and have never looked back. Thank you.
superfast a bit disappointing. Worked superfast at first, but seems to have slowed down again.
Living in a remote area and struggling for many years with a minimal download speed of 1 mb, we turned to Wessex Internet We now get a minimal speed of 50 mb with no lagging or buffering, it has made such a difference, and they were very helpful every step of the way!
We are very satisfied and so pleased that we joined up with Wessex
We have only had Wessex internet for a few months and everything is working well, we only have the 35mb speed which is more than adequate for general use and watching programs such as Netflix and prime tv
Everything seems to be ok. Sometimes it seems a bit slow but I don't know if that is my MacBook or the internet.
Dealing with Wessex Internet has been very straightforward. The installation process was completed efficiently and effectively and I am getting the speeds promised.
It works. Fast. Very fast. Very fast indeed. Great customer service too. Don’t go changin’!
Still a brilliant service. Really happy!
Efficient set up. Friendly office staff Quality reception/signal Thus far very pleased and would recommend.
Swift, efficient, value for money and pleasant people.
Super efficient company.. Super fast broadband.!
An extremely good service from first contact through to installation, quick and efficient. The speeds are so much quicker than the old broadband, programmes are ready to watch before I’ve sat down again and when doing boring things like VAT returns, it doesn’t keep cutting out and I have to reconnect. My only gripe is that it doesn’t reach all round the house but I can live with that.
Good personal service and a good product. It has been an easy transition to use Wessex Internet.
The cable was laid underground with the minimum of fuss by a skilful machine operator who was very thorough in respect of finding depth of existing pipes and cables and the end result is we have a very good signal and can very nearly say goodbye to BT, which would please me very much indeed.