Businesses and residents in Dorset, Wiltshire and Somerset with broadband connections of less than 2Mb/s can apply for a subsidy towards their wireless broadband connection.
What does this broadband subsidy scheme do?
This scheme can offer support towards the cost of the equipment and installation of a wireless broadband connection. If you are eligible you will be issued with a code you can redeem with Wessex Internet, which is worth up to £350.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for the scheme:
- You currently can’t get a broadband service of more than 2Mb/s.
- You are not in current plans to get fibre broadband OR you will not benefit within the next year. This will be checked for you when you make an application.
- You own the property you are applying for. If not, you will need to speak to your landlord.
- You must live in either Dorset, Somerset or Wiltshire.
Check your internet speed
Click here to check what speeds are available at your home or business.
- Landline phone numbers usually produce more accurate results than checks on addresses. When you input your phone number, don’t include spaces.
- The top line of your result will show how the property is connected to the network, i.e. “Telephone number X on Exchange X is served by cabinet X.”
- Look at the top row of the table, if is states “FTTC” this means that fibre broadband (Fibre To The Cabinet) is available at the property already, and you will not be eligible for this scheme. If you can’t see any FTTC rows, fibre broadband is not currently available at your property.
- Remember to read the small print after the table. Sometimes it contains additional useful information about your area.
Great! What do I need to do?
- If you think that you may be eligible, please conduct a speed test by using www.speedtest.net and send a print screen of the results to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note you will only be eligible for the voucher if you are receiving download speeds of less then 2Mb per second.
- We will then apply for the voucher on your behalf and the BDUK team will be in contact to confirm you agree to the terms and conditions of the scheme. The terms and conditions can be found here.
- We will then confirm once your voucher has been issued, and we will contact you to complete your order.
- Enjoy the superfast speeds of Wessex Internet!
You can read more about the voucher scheme here: https://basicbroadband.culture.gov.uk/
Good service but there are times when the internet is not avaliable for some reason
Everything has been 5 star so far, cannot fault Wessex Internet. Now have a broadband speed I could only dream of a couple of months ago.
Friendly Professional Helpful Reliable
Excellent service and quality broadband. 100 times faster than BT. A no brainer!
Very good service provider
Reliable service; good vfm
Efficient and professional, a quality product.
Super fast and reliable, have not had any issues! Great provider
Very happy that we are no longer tied to Openreach infrastructure. The one issue we have had was resolved promptly. Great service throughout.
Efficient and responsive support.
Pleased with the connection and setting up service.
Wonderful new world after years of infinitely slow Bt .Up loads particularly good
Excellent customer service and clear, regular billing information supplied. Good signal coverage in Iwerne Minster.
Fast internet but loose connection from time to time.
Great value and service.
Great customer service. Helpful engineer.
Wessex remembered me straight away even after a delay because of previous provider,came when they said and no problems with service
Brilliant company. Brilliant Service, the works team superb, clean and tidy throughout the install. You would be foolish to not go with Wessex Internet.
After any years of very poor broadband with BT we were able to join Wessex Internet and have never looked back. Thank you.
superfast a bit disappointing. Worked superfast at first, but seems to have slowed down again.